Consumatori Italiani per l'Europa (CIE)
The association Consumatori Italiani per l’Europa was specifically set up in 2010 to develop the activities of Italian consumers in Europe. It is comprised of two members: Casa del Consumatore, headquartered in Milan and Rome-based association Codici.
With the admission of CIE to BEUC and combined with Altroconsumo’s member base, Italy can boast of half a million outright subscribers being represented at EU level in 2010.
The most important consumer success in our country was the consumer law of July 31 1998.
- Founded 8th March 2010 by ACU, Codici and Casa del Consumatore
- A BEUC member since November 6th , 2010
- Codici: 310
- Casa del Consumatore: 120
- Members in 2011:
- Codici: 33,000
- Casa del Consumatore: 91,214
- Consumers advised last year:
- Codici: 35,000
- Casa del Consumatore: 80,000