BEUC event - What impact of the EU elections on consumers?
Tuesday June 17th, 6:00 PM, Brussels
Until yesterday May 25th, Europeans have chosen their European Parliament representatives. These elections will shape considerably the everyday lives of EU citizens for the 5 years to come, ranging from the safety of the food on our plates to how we manage our money.
Freshly after the elections, with the participation of MEPs from across the political spectrum, BEUC will hold a conference to assess the impact of the elections’ outcome on consumers.
To register, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to see the invitation. Venue: Thon Hotel, Rue de la Loi 75, Brussels.
- 6.00-6.30: Registration / Welcome drink
- 6.30-6.40: Welcoming words by Monique Goyens, BEUC Director General
- 6.40-7.00: Keynote speech by Professor Michael Kaeding from the University of Duisburg and The College of Europe:
“What does the election outcome mean for decision making?”
- 7.00-7.45: Panel with MEPs “What does the election outcome mean for consumers?”
with MEP Catherine Stihler (S&D)
MEP Claude Turmes (Greens)
CBE MEP Malcolm Harbour, Chairman of the IMCO Committee (2009-2014)
Örjan Brinkman, BEUC’s President and Chairman of The Swedish Consumers’ Association
- 7.45-8.15: Q&A session with the audience
- 8.15: Concluding remarks / Cocktail reception.