Conference: Internet of Things, a brave new world for consumers
BEUC NEWS – 19.10.2017
Consumers are surrounded by an ever greater number of connected household products. This 'Internet of Things' has the potential to benefit European consumers. But there are also several causes for concern. This calls for further exploration, which consumer organisations will do on November 28.
Our conference will address the opportunities and risks of the Internet of Things. It zooms in on the areas of privacy, competition, consumer rights, contracts, safety and security. A key feature of the conference will be to shed light on the role of consumer organisations.
How should these organisations respond to the challenges of the Internet of Things? What action is needed to keep abreast of the technical challenges of a connected world? How can consumer organisations continue to provide product advice for consumers?
- Roberto Viola, European Commission
- Jessica Rich, Consumer Reports
- Ot van Daalen, Dutch Data Protection Authority
- Christiane Wendehorst, European Law Institute
- Mady Delvaux, European Parliament
- Bart Combée, Consumers International
- Prof. Carlo Alberto Carnevale-Maffè, University of Milan
- Camilla Graham Wood, Privacy International
- Veronica Manfredi, European Commission
Date: 28 November
Time: 09:00 – 17:00
Location: L42, Rue de la Loi, 42 - B 1040 Brussels
Discover the programme.
To register, please click here.