We only install those cookies which are strictly necessary for the correct functioning of our website.
We use the services of the analytics company Matomo (formerly known as Piwik) to analyse the use of our website and to monitor when, where and how people access information so that we can adapt the site to better suit our users' needs and measure its performance. We have chosen Matomo because it fully respects your privacy. For example, it anonymises your IP by removing its last octet, so we will never know your full IP address.
Cookies we use
- Context_breakpoint cookie: This cookie checks if the user is visiting from a mobile device or not, to render the site accordingly.
- Session cookie: This cookie remembers the information you have been searching for on our website. It is deleted as soon as you close your browser.
- Cookie banner: This cookie is used to remember your choice when you land on our website for the first time and you decide whether or not to accept our cookies.
- Analytics cookie: We use Matomo (formerly known as Piwik) to monitor and analyse traffic on our website. It will collect usage statistics such as the number of page visits, documents downloaded etc. and provides us with aggregate numbers. Any IP addresses collected have the last octet removed. This cookie is very important for us to evaluate the correct functioning of our website and the impact of our activities. Further information on how Matomo respects your privacy can be found here.
The personal data we collect during hiring processes is only used for the purposes of carrying out the selection process and is deleted once the process has ended. For shortlisted candidates, we routinely ask for their consent to keep their information for 6 months after the end of the selection process, in case other vacancies that could fit their profile open up.
Your data protection rights
- Right of access – You have the right to have access to the personal data we hold about you and to obtain a copy.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to obtain the rectification of the personal data we have about you if it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to obtain the erasure of the personal data we have about you.
- Right to restriction of processing – If you believe the personal data we have is not accurate or that we are not using it lawfully but do not want to simply ask that we delete it straight away, you have the right to ask us to stop using the data while we sort out the problems.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to receive the data that you have provided in a commonly used format, so you can take it somewhere else if you wish.
- Right to object – You have the right to object to the use of your data for marketing purposes at any time. Note that we do not use your data for marketing in any way!
- Right to lodge a complaint – If you believe your rights are not being respected and your data is being used unlawfully, you have the right to lodge a complaint with your national Data Protection Authority. You can find the contact details of all national data protection authorities here.
Updates & contact
Changes to our Policy
How to contact us
If you have any requests, questions, complaints or queries with regards to how we use your information, we encourage you to contact us and we will do our best to resolve it.
Our contact details:
BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation
Rue d’Arlon 80
Tel: +32 2 743 15 90
Fax: +32 2 740 28 02