Consumer PRO is a capacity-building project aimed at making consumer organisations and other actors in consumer policy better equipped to protect consumers in their respective countries.
It is an initiative of the European Commission under the European Consumer Programme that started in July 2019 and whose implementation has been entrusted to BEUC – The European Consumer Organisation. The latter acts as the umbrella group for national consumer groups in Brussels and has a proven track record of activities building the capacity of the consumer movement.
Participation in the Consumer PRO project and events is open to all consumer professionals from the 27 Member States, as well as the United Kingdom, Iceland and Norway.
As the objective of the project is to build the capacity of the overall consumer movement, our activities are especially targeted to:
- Staff members and volunteers from national consumer organisations,
- European Consumer Centers
- And representatives from national authorities
If you don’t fall in one of these categories, do not hesitate to get in touch! BEUC will redirect you to similar initiatives that contribute to advancing the consumer cause through different channels.
As consumer professional, Consumer PRO offers you the opportunity to:
In order to achieve the biggest impact and for the consumer movement to reap the aforementioned benefits, the project is built on the following main elements:
- Needs analysis to identify training priorities, country by country (last quarter of 2019)
- Training of trainers organised online (throughout 2020 and 2021)
- Coaching scheme and peer-learning workshops for trainers (throughout 2020 and 2021)
- European workshops on consumer education and advice, fundraising and project management, strategic planning of consumer organisations (first quarter of 2021)
- National trainings on general consumer law, digital rights or sustainability (November 2020 to March 2021)
- Exchange of best practice seminar (second quarter of 2021)
Under the Consumer PRO project, BEUC policy experts, together with national trainers worked to develop, translate and adapt so-called “Technical Background Documents” on the three topics of the national trainings: General Consumer Law, Digital Rights and Sustainability. For some countries and following the interest at national level, more than one topic has been translated and adapted.
The Technical Background Documents are now available to all consumer professionals. We hope you will find the material useful to you in your day-to-day work and we invite you to download your national document(s).
Austria | Bulgaria | Belgium | Cyprus | Czech Republic | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Ireland | Italy | Latvia | Lithuania | Norway | Portugal | Romania | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | United Kingdom
Interested in more details about the project?
Ready to apply to a national training?
For any questions and further information about the project, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.